|Click to Print|
An employee for Hogan Landscape in Naples, Florida, died recently after he was electrocuted while working outside a local home. A homeowner told detectives that when he saw a landscape crew working on his neighbor’s house, he went to the men and asked them if he could pay them to cut branches away from some power lines on his property.
Witnesses later reported hearing a loud popping noise and seeing one of the workers, Juan Martinez, slumped in a tree. Martinez’s cousin, who was head of the yard crew, told Naples police that Martinez had been cutting the branches when his pole saw touched one of the wires.
When first responders from the Naples Fire Department arrived at the house, Martinez had no pulse. According to the Naples Fire Chief, he had gone into cardiac arrest. He also had burns on his left hand and inner thighs.
Martinez was taken to NCH Downtown Naples Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.